About Massage Therapy
What is Massage Therapy?
Massage is the manipulation of soft tissues including muscles, connective tissues, tendons, ligaments and joints. It is an alternative healthcare option that helps alleviate the discomfort associated with occupational stressors, muscular overuse and chronic pain. Massage can be performed through soft to firm touch, depending on the client’s preference.
What are the benefits?
- Increases circulation throughout the body
- Allows for a better mind and body connection and brings awareness to the way in which we use our muscles and hold ourselves
- Releases tension created by hypertonic muscles
- Encourages better range of motion
- Can alleviate pain from acute or chronic conditions
- Encourages emotional support
- Offers a state of comfort and relaxation
What to Expect During a treatment
You can expect an initial assessment, followed by your treatment plan and concluded with remedial exercise(s) if needed. The initial assessment is a holistic intake of the presented condition – this can be a physical or an emotional evaluation. The massage therapist will ensure treatment is conducted in a safe and comfortable manner.